Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trying Some New Gluten Free Items!!!

I was in a long line at T.J. Max when I spied a package that had 'gluten free' listed on the front.  My eyes seem to zero in on those two little words no matter where I'm at.  It was a package of Popcorners White Cheddar Popcorn Chips.  Since they were only $1.49 I picked up a bag. If the chips tasted awful it wouldn't be too big a waste of money.  And I hate to say this, but sometimes gluten free stuff tastes really bad.
By the time I finished half the bag (yes I'm very ashamed) I was a very happy Celiac.  These were great! 
They were thin and crispy and oh so tasty!  There are several different flavors besides the White Cheddar I've tried.  They have a website...Popcorners.com....and there are several online retailers that carry this product also. 

My next stop was Mama Jeans Health Food Store.  I found these hamburger buns on sale for $3.84.  I know that's not a bargain but I was desperate for a hamburger on a a real bun.  Haven't tried them yet.  I"ll probably toast them when I do since they are kind of close to their expiration date (they're in the freezer till d-day). 
This was my last gluten free purchase.  Domata Living Flour is an all purpose gluten free flour with the xanthan gum already mixed in. The small package, 22 ounces, cost about $3.65 at the health food store. I haven't tried it yet either but it's supposed to be a cup for cup exchange in recipes.  We'll see.
Sometimes it's difficult to live gluten free but it's not impossible.  And if you're a Celiac and you don't follow a gluten free diet you're asking for some major health issues.  So eat well but eat gluten free!

No comments:

Post a Comment