Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

When I started cooking gluten free one of the things I missed most was chocolate chip cookies.  I used to be quite the baker (okay it shows in my waistline) but after going gluten free a lot of my baking came to an abrupt halt.  A year or so ago a man posted a vague peanut butter cookie recipe.  He basically mixed peanut butter, sugar and egg together to make cookies.  I started with that thought and came up with the following recipe. 
1 cup peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together.  Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cooking sheet.  Top each cookie with several chocolate chips.  Bake for about 8 minutes. 
Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet (sometimes they can be a little crumbly).  This recipe makes about 12 to 16 good sized cookies.  You can double the recipe if you need more.
Please note that the chocolate chips and peanut butter I used were gluten free according to the labels.  I found both at Aldis.
I think this recipe tastes better than regular peanut butter cookies.  They are moist and chewy.  And my family loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment