Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bob's Red Mill Chocolate Cake Mix and Pillsbury Frosting MMMMmmmmm!

I emailed Aldi's a few days ago regarding their faux pas on their Bremer Rib Patties.  They replied promptly that they had forwarded the information to their supplier who should call me within 7 days.  Their 7 days is about up.  To say that I am being a little more careful when I shop there is an understatement.  Anything that says gluten free at their store is being scrutinized by me a little bit more thoroughly than before.  When something says gluten free on the package and then shows wheat as an ingredient, well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that's just wrong!
On to a product I trust just a little more to be gluten free....Bob's Red Mill Chocolate Cake Mix.  http://www.bobsredmill.com/Gluten-Free

This is their website.  And they have quite a nice selection of gluten free mixes.  Which brings me to my newest favorite mix....Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix by Bob's Red Mill.  I have to say it is probably the best gluten free dessert I have had in a long time.  The photo I took doesn't do the cake justice.  It was my first attempt at a cake roll.  It's more of a cake ovally flattish thingy.  BUT my family had no clue it was gluten free.  They cheerfully ate the moist chocolate cake with Pillsbury Coconut Pecan Icing in the middle and homemade chocolate icing on the outside without any idea it was gluten free.  And yes, the Coconut Pecan Icing by Pillsbury is gluten free.  Finally success!  I'm not sure I will attempt a cake roll again but I am certain I will use this mix again, maybe a layer cake or something like that. The cost is about four dollars for the mix and makes two round layers or a 13 x 9 sheet cake. 

Now if I can just find the perfect pizza crust....

Till next time, eat well, eat gluten free and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment