Friday, June 1, 2012

My Favorite Bear Creek Soup

In a previous post I mentioned a website that sells gluten free soup mixes.  One of those soup mixes is Bear Creek Tortilla Soup and it's one of my favorites. 
I usually add some gluten free chicken and a package of frozen mexican style vegetables.  If I'm feeling really brave I stir in some medium hot salsa.  Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top with some corn chips and it makes a really great dinner! 
The package doesn't say gluten free on it, however, the company chose to remove gluten from several of their soup mixes a couple of years back.  The Tortilla Soup Mix does contain soy though.
Just remember to always check and recheck ingredients in your favorite mixes because companies are always redoing their recipes and changing ingredients. 
Here is the website for the soup mixes once again.
http://www.soupsonline.com/c-62-gluten-free.aspx
There are several pages of gluten free soup options from several different companies. 

Next on my list of gluten free items to try is polenta.  I saw a roll of this at Wally World the other day and I think it would make a great tamale pie with meat and cheese on top.  I might try that next week.

Till then have a great day and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment